Give your website a clean, fresh look that all users, including smartphone users, can easily access.
With more people using their phone to surf the web, you need to make their experience on your website a positive one. Using different tools, including CSS (cascading style sheets) and HTML, it is relatively easy to reformat your “desktop” material for viewing from a mobile phone or to create mobile phone-specific material.
Our business name is a play on the words write and white space. The proper use of white space (i.e., blank space) is one of the techniques we use to ensure that your new website has a clean, uncluttered look. A look or design that is not overwhelming and where your customers or members can easily find what they are looking for.
Here are a few mobile-friendly menu samples.
Easy to use. Easy to maintain.
We focus on your target audience and the people who will be maintaining your site.
We can survey your customers to get a better idea what they like and dislike about your website and record their comments and suggestions. We also conduct one-on-one or group interviews to better understand the needs of your customers.
You and the people who will be maintaining your website will be provided with as much hands-on training as needed to understand the requirements to maintain your website. You will also be provided with a detailed manual with everything from step by step instructions how to log into WordPress to a style guide with the numbers for the colours used in your logo.
Sample pages from the manual for the web administrator.
Our commitment to our customers is one of the reasons why we keep our existing customers and get great referrals. We will create a maintenance program that meets your needs. We want to refer our new customers to your website as an example of our work, so we will be watching your website too and letting you know if any changes need to be made.
As you would expect from a business that takes pride in our work and in providing great customer service, if you ever have any questions in the future, we are only a phone call away.
Customized to meet your requirements.
We listen well and ask lots of questions to bring out your requirements and ideas. We document the requirements and keep you informed every step of the way.
Hopefully you are looking for a website that goes the extra steps to help customers or members and other visitors find what they are looking for and has the personal touch (e.g., photos, stories) that people can relate to. One of the first places to get ideas for your website is from your competitors’ websites and from similar businesses or organizations here in Canada and other parts of the world. You may already have a very good idea what you want or don’t want on your website. If so, that will save some time. If not, not a problem. You will be encouraged to dream a little bit but to always consider what your customers, prospective customers, members, target audience, or other visitors want.
For your benefit and ours, we will document all the requirements. This way there is very little room for confusion. Usually an Excel spreadsheet or a Word document with screen shots or screen mock-ups suffices. Building websites is a very fluid process where design ideas can change very quickly and where you can’t get too attached to one idea or concept. As a result, the tools to document the requirements must be very flexible.
We spend as much time on making sure that the content is well written as we do on the graphics.
At the end of the day, a reader has a purpose for visiting your website or reading your online help or policies and procedures and it is not usually to look at the nice graphics. We like nice graphics as much as most people, but we spend as much time on making sure that the content is well written as we do on the graphics. To a large part, well written content means we follow the plain language principles. For more information on plain language, see Plain Language Content on Services/Technical Writing.
Based on WordPress, the world’s most popular content management system.
There are many reasons why WordPress is the best content management system, including ease of use and flexibility.
Here are some of the benefits of WordPress.
- Ease of use. You’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy WordPress is to use.
- It’s free. It’s free because it isn’t owned by any one company or person. WordPress is an open-source project, which means that it’s maintained by a group of volunteers from around the world who are constantly making it better.
- Thousands of plugin programs. In addition to the core program, PHP programmers and other skilled people around the world have developed specialized programs or plugins that give WordPress added functionality and flexibility. Many of these plugin programs are free or sell for a very modest fee and give you features that would otherwise be available only to businesses or organizations with very deep pockets.
- Reliability. WordPress has been tested on millions of websites and with all the major browsers for more than a decade.
- It’s safe to use. The makers of WordPress are well aware of hackers and the types of things they try to do, so they team up with security researchers and hosting companies to make WordPress as safe as possible. By implementing a backup plan and dealing with web hosting companies that take security seriously, we will make your website as safe as anything online can be.
- SEO friendly. Google loves WordPress as it takes care of 80 to 90 percent of the search engine optimization mechanics to ensure that your website gets crawled, which gives you a head start when it comes to ranking above your competitors.
We’re not satisfied … until you are satisfied and we are satisfied.
Our reputation is on the line too. We make sure that your site meets our high standards too.
We take our time and pay attention to every little detail. This doesn’t, however, mean that we are expensive. It means that always doing our best is more important than making a lot of money. Doing the best we can do, always pushing the envelope to make each website as good as it can be, and exceeding our customer’s expectations are what drive us and gives us the greatest satisfaction. Hopefully you operate your business or organization the same way.
Search engine friendly.
We’ll make sure that all the t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted when it comes to making sure that potential customers can easily find you.
We don’t claim to have any secret techniques to improve your search engine rankings, because there aren’t any. We follow standard SEO (search engine optimization) practices and have developed a SEO checklist to give you a good search engine ranking.
Here is a sample of some of the items on our SEO checklist.
- Determine the most appropriate keywords used by your customers and members and use these keywords in page titles and headings.
- Encourage other businesses or organizations to link to your website.
- Use the postname permalink structure.
- Include a sitemap and keep it updated.
If you build it … they will come*.
If you don’t have a website that you are proud of and that represents your company or organization well, you will turn away customers and members.
Let us build you something that you are really proud of.
Having a good quality website will not only pay off in increased sales but it will also add value to your business if you ever decide to sell your business.
Other reasons for having a good website include:
- Everything is trackable. You can more easily track who is using your website and which pages are the most popular using tools like Google Analytics. And based on this information, you can more easily made improvements for your customers and prospective customers.
- Your image the way you want it. Without a strong online image, potential customers may not have enough information to pick up the phone, especially if a competitor has a website that projects a compelling, trustworthy image.
- Effective advertising. The money spent on online advertising to drive prospective clients to a website is much more manageable and trackable than money spent on traditional advertising like newspaper ads, flyers and phone book listings.
- Productivity enhancement. A properly thought out website can enhance overall productivity by freeing up time that is used for manual tasks. For example, more people are willing to submit a form online than pick up a phone and call you. It’s just easier and less obtrusive.
We also do technical writing.
We use our technical writing expertise for the content we create and format for your website. If you have any manuals, policies and procedures, application forms, or other documents that need to be updated and improved or written, we would be more than happy to take them on. For more information on our technical writing service, see Services – Technical Writing.
You can spend a lot of money on your website, but, if you are not creating a website which is inviting and easy to use, you will be wasting some of your money.
For most websites, you can expect to pay at least $2,000. Depending on the requirements, this price could include a bit of work to create or touch-up your logo.
We live in the same community as you and support businesses and organizations likes your’s.
We get an added pleasure from helping the businesses and organizations in our community.
Our primary market area is Surrey, Langley, Delta, Richmond, Abbotsford and White Rock. Given that much of the work we do is from our office in South Surrey, we will consider work from anywhere else in the Lower Mainland.